cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Lonely-khan
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my hp probook 4520s stock on first screen black one with hp logo

my hp probook 4520s stock on first screen black one with hp logo when i hit ESC nothing happing tell me what to do and sorry for my english i was install windows 7 on it while after restart this eror keep coming again and agin....

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,896 16,650
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try a Hard Reset as follows.

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for a full minute.  Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and see if the notebook will start.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Lonely-khan
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

first of all am very thank full to u for your quick reply and i already done this before after read the sum other topics and i done this again but still stock on it the problem is am in a vilage and city is away of 4 hours drive soo please help me..

0 Kudos
Lonely-khan
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

please reply am waiting:(

0 Kudos
Level 18
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages or if you are unable to access the Bios Menu.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Lonely-khan
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dear you did,t understang my problem em good enough to handle if i get in to bios the problem is when ever i turn on the leptop its stock on the very first screen black one with hp logo and and writen press esc for startup menu nothing happen when i hit the esc no shutdow after that i long pres the power button for manual trun off:(

0 Kudos
Level 18
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you have more than one Memory Module installed, try the following - ( If you only have 1 memory module installed, try it in the other available slot ).

With reference to the link below, remove one of your memory modules and then see if the notebook will boot.  If it doesn't, try the same module, but in the other slot.  If is still doesn't boot, try the other memory module in both slots, to see if any combination will allow the notebook to start.

The procedure for removing these modules is detailed starting on Page 55 of your Maintenance & Service Guide.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
MMBoy
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Probook 4520s that It turned off because of battry low... now when i charged the battry and turn it on.. I Just see the HP Logo and the LapTop Hanged in the Logo Page of Boot! Please Help Me Friends...! So Thanks!

0 Kudos
Bella66
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip! Worked for me.
after 2 wks without a working laptop and spending hours googling how to fix this, I was ready to see the geek squad. So glad I stumbled on your advice. I tried the 1st suggestion of removing battery, unplugging, pressing power and when coming back on pressing P10.
My problem was that I was away for a week and my laptop was unplugged so the battery was drained. When I restarted it after recharging the battery I got the password verification screen but it would not respond at all. When I power off and returned I keep getting the same screen but was frozen and was unresponsive to the keypad, the cursor, my pleading and curses : )
Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chembo
2 1 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Worked for me .

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation