Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
(removed)
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

MY LAPTOP FAN DOES NOT DO PROPER WORK, DUE TO THAT MY LAPTOP  GET EXCESS AMOUNT OF HEAT AND SHUTDOWN SEVERAL TIMES.. PLZ HELP ME HOW  I CAN CLEAN MY LAPTOP FAN & HOW IT SHOULD WORK PROPERLY ..AMD GIVE ME CUSTOMER  SUPPORT CONTACT NUMBER ALSO.. 

THANKYOU

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @natyjaan1

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer where the fan is not working correctly and the computer is getting hot, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your computer?

Do you get any errors on your computer regarding the fan?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant on your computer to make sure BIOS and other drivers are updated. Click here to know more about HPSA. 

Boot the computer to system diagnostics and run an extensive test to make sure all the components are working correctly. Click here.

Please refer to the below articles for assistance in reducing the heat in the computer. 

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

If you would like to contact our phone support, please visit www.hp.com/contacthp

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.