Note on archived topics.
02-07-2017 07:43 PM
My laptop is out of warrenty, i am facing this problem since a year after out of warrenty i had given it to hp authorised service centers in thane year ago and then gave it to my friend who is a engineer into instrumentation for repairing my laptop but they were unable to help, as they said that no parts are available for this model.
The issue which i am facing in my laptop is:-
- My laptop is not starting;
- After charging it for 3 hours then to the light comes but no display working?, No sound also coming from my laptop
- I want to install Kali linux but not aware wether i can install it in my laptop since the operating system is windows vista and the processor is intel con... and also have come to know that it supports only 32bit (currently)!
- The battery is also not working,
- Even the Finger sensor is not working? need help in that too.!
- Last but not the least need to know whether is it possible to install 500gb hard disk instead of 160gb (currently)!
- Can you help me where can i find the parts as i told the service center that please order the parts in advance i am ready to pay the advance also or the full amount for the hp parts, but they say that it is not confirmed that the parts which they will order will be available or it will be out of stock. i even don't know from where can i order it if required?
The laptop is still with my friend he suggested me that before he opens the laptop to contact in the forum if no help then he will try to open it?
Awaiting for your revert on this!!!!
02-08-2017 10:31 PM - edited 02-08-2017 10:32 PM
Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !
## With regards to parts purchase, you can check the HP Parts store > http://partsurfer.hp.com/
## With regards to the PC does not start issue, please check this > http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=NoPowerorBootIssues.net§ion=ccweb&as=true&SFS=tdoc
## With regards to the battery issue > http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00259897
This computer is about 10 years old model. In IT 10 years are like 100 years in life. You already have so many issues and repairing would cost you more time, more efforts and more money than just recycling this PC (forget about it) and purchase a new model.
New PCs are much faster, have newer operating systems or can run them. Your existing HDD is warn out for being used so long and is an old model which will not work fast. I strongly recommend you purchase a new PC for better performance, less (or no) issues:
HP Business Outlet (second hand but refurbished PCs) >> http://www.hp.com/sbso/buspurchase_refurbished_whybuy.html
HP new PCs >> http://store.hp.com/
Hope this helps.
**** Mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security