Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Product name: HP PAVILION 15-E
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

sir my laptop is working slow. i have done each thing like defragmentation, delete junk files, even recovery. so i request you to please help me out because i have i5 processor, 4gb ram, 1tb hard disk.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello, @himanshu1994 – Hope you are well 🙂

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel!

I see that you are having issues with the notebook performance. Appreciate all your efforts so far. To assist you better, I need to know about the task manager details.

Open the windows task manager. Check the CPU usage, memory etc. Take a picture and attach it with the reply. Also, are you facing the performance issue while running a specific program or is t a general issue? Let me know these details.

Alternatively, let’s try the steps below to try and fix the issue:

Disable Programs Running at Startup:

1. Press the Windows button and "R" at the same time.
  2. Type “msconfig” without the quotes in the run window and press "Enter" on the keyboard.
  3. The Task manager window pops up. Click on the "Startup" tab and you will see a list of programs that run at startup.
  4. Right-click on the applications that you don't want to run at startup and select "Disable".

If the issue persists, try some additional steps as suggested here: http://hp.care/2pThzHS 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

here is the attached file of performance and start up apps. also my laptop takes arount 30sec to start.Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

HP Recommended

Hello, @himanshu1994

I see that the RAM is less and only 2.1 GB is available. The laptop will be slightly slow when you only have 4GB RAM.

But, if the machine is clearly slow, even considering the RAM, then I'd suggest you perform a hardware test to determine any issues. Here are the steps:

1)      Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2)      Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc to get the Startup menu. Now press F2 key.

3)      The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

4)      Select the System test and select Extensive test.

NB: While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen. The test can take 2 or more hours to complete.

If the test passes, then please let me know how you have performed the recovery. Did you perform the recovery using the Recovery Discs or by using the recovery partition?

Thanks, I will watch for your reply!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!​​​

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

sir, both the tests i.e system test & extensve test are passed & i also have refreshed my laptop. after refreshed their came two login options on startup. when i sign in first their comes error & when i sign in to second its ok and signed in.

i have done the recovery using recovery discs.

HP Recommended

before refreshing i am using windows 8.1 after refreshing it automatically changes to windows 8.

HP Recommended

Hello, @himanshu1994

Appreciate your efforts in performing the tests. You have already performed a recovery from the disc. Once you perform the recovery, was PC be working faster till you uploaded other software or was the PC slow soon after the recovery? 

If the PC was slow after installing other software, may be one of that software is causing the issue. I'd suggest doing a recovery using the disc and then installing the software one by one while checking the PC performance to identify the problem software.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Thank you!

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Laptop slows soon after the recovery. Now my windows changes from 8.1 to 8. Please let me know which software i have to update or install
HP Recommended

Hello, @himanshu1994

If the laptop is slow immediately after the recovery, then the issue could be with the hardware.

I'll suggest you contacting the HP phone support to get the laptop serviced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Visit us again if you have any concerns! Thank you!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.