Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,221 Views)

my laptop says BOOTMGR is missing..how do it fix?

i was doing a system recovery on my laptop when i my wife informed me that didnt backup the hard drive so i stopped the process 15% of the way into the recovery and now when i turn on the laptop all it says is BOOTMGR is missing..is there a way to fix it?

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Message 2 of 4 (1,191 Views)

Re: my laptop says BOOTMGR is missing..how do it fix?

Unfortunatly at this point your data is gone and I would suggest starting the recovery over.  The only thing I can think of that you might want to try is taking the hard drive out and using an adapter (IDE/ATA Serial adapter) that allows you to plug the hard drive into a USB port to check and see if anything is still on it.  I wouldn't count on being able to get the data at this point if it was already 15% through the recovery.

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
Student
Message 3 of 4 (448 Views)

how can i fix it

Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (304 Views)

[ Edited ]

BOOTMGR is missing, Press Ctrl +Alt + Del to restart.

I did get the error message above on my Windows 7 laptop. To fix problem, a friend recommended me Windows Boot Genius that worked well! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation