Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cmouli Top Student
Top Student
9 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

my note book is made hard reset

hp envy 15t q 100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi every one my note book made hard reset. before hard reset my Os is windows 10 pro and now linked the same aacount but not getting activation on windows 10 pro get me some solution and i buyed my notebook in US and now iam living in india bought form hp official website lost the purchased email and there is no key backside of my notebook give me some suggestions to activate my windows 10 pro and previously windows 8.1 pro default in this laptop and it is digitally activated before i recieved .there is no recovery drive even after hard reset and no backup.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
14918 1377 3301
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

my note book is made hard reset

cmouli

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about activation problems since you reset your Win10 laptop and wanted to help.

The Win10 Upgrade is know, in some cases, to corrupt the Recovery partition stored there by the OEM that built the original machine.  This pretty much guarantees that no HP Recovery is going to work.

Your original Win10 was activated through something known as Digital Entitlement -- which is what MS terms an in-place upgrade from a prior OS.  Once that is done, information about your PC is stored on the MS Activation servers and after that, any Win10 reinstall will automatically reactivate -- unless you change the version from the one that was originally activated.

The product key on Win8x machines is not printed on a sticker, instead, it is embedded in the UEFI firmware of the motherboard.  You can retrieve that key using this tool:  Download Windows OEM Product Key Tool - MajorGeeks

Once you have that, you should be able to activate Win10 using that key.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation