Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Randy6458 Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my numeric keys on my HP laptop have never worked

My number keys on the right side have never worked since day one. The numerical keys at the top of the keyboard work fine.
MyPC is a HP Pavilion, 64 bit notebook 15, model# L8V46AV#ABA
I'm running windows 10

Randy

Phone: [Personal Information Removed]
Email: [Personal Information Removed]

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Randy6458,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Number pad not working on the keyboard. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

I recommend you try the steps listed below and check if that solves the issue.

• Right-click Start, select Device Manager, and press Enter.
  • Find and double-click the category of the device causing the issue (Keyboard).
  • Right-click on the entry under the keyboard and select Uninstall.
  • Once the uninstallation is done, close everything and restart the PC.

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Randy6458 Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the HP Support Agents recommended fix for the keyboard but it didn't work.  Anybody else have a possible solution?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Randy6458,

I thank you for the reply.

I request you try accessing BIOS and check if the PC boots to BIOS screen. The best way to check if it’s a hardware issue or a software issue. Follow the step below to boot the PC to BIOS.

• Keep tapping the “F10” soon after the PC is powered on.
  • If the PC boots to BIOS screen, It will state at the top of the screen as “Setup Utility”

If you are unable to access BIOS, then I request you to use the link below and contact Phone support for any support options available.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope this helps. Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Randy6458 Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion, 64 bit notebook 15, model# L8V46AV#ABA.

Numeric keys have never worked since day one!  The top row works fine, but the ones on the right side of keyboard have never worked!

Randy

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17773 17725 1438 2457
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Randy6458,

Thank you for replying,

As you've mentioned if the keys have never worked and it doesn't work on the BIOS either,

You may want to contact HP for a hardware service,

However, if you've checked on BIOS as suggested by the last tech and it works in there,

Follow the below steps to fix the issue:

If you didn’t click on the “Go to the Ease of Access Center” link, you can simply navigate in Control Panel to the Ease of Access center, and find the link for “Make the keyboard easier to use”.

Once you are there, you’ll want to make sure the boxes for “Turn on Sticky Keys” or “Turn on Filter Keys” are turned off—which simply means the feature isn’t active at the moment but doesn’t mean the annoying popup will go away.

For that, you’ll have to click on either “Set up Filter Keys” or “Set up Sticky Keys” (or both).
​​​​​​​

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation