cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my pavilion g6 turns on for about 5 seconds then turns off

my hp pavilion g6 turns on for about 5 seconds then turns off i tried taking battery off and unplug hold down power button for 1 min the reconnect but nothing happened i am looking for some trouble shooting tips also what could possibly be the issue

thank you

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 576 1,654
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my pavilion g6 turns on for about 5 seconds then turns off

How old is your laptop?

If it's less than one year, repairs to it should be covered by the HP Warranty.

If it's more than one year, did you purchase an "extended warranty" ?

What happens if you remove the battery, and connect the AC adapter, and start it up?

Because it's a laptop, not a desktop, it's difficult to try the "usual" trouble-shooting steps, e.g., change the power-supply.

So, contact HP Support, or find a local qualified computer technician.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation