Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hunterm1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my system protection

hp 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my system properties under system protection, the c drive sys pro is on but on my d drive (restore) the sys pro is off. Should i turn it on?

Is it able to vreate sys restore points when the sys protection is off?

1 REPLY
Dean Dean
Dean
7692 613 2711
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my system protection

Hello @hunterm1

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for your post.

Probably you have one HDD drive and C:\, D:\, etc.. - these are not called drives but partitions - part of the whole thing - one HDD. No problem.

The D:\ partition is usually your recovery partition and Windows System Restore is off there for a reason - you should not and need not to attempt to turn it on. This drive should have no changes usually - its purpose is to keep the original version of your operating system, settings, drivers, original image and to be able to restore your PC to factory default condition.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

**** It would be great if you use the THUMB-UP+ button below for encouragement, likes and kudos
**** Please, hit the button to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helps **** Thanks !

I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** I work in IT and cyber security
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation