cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MAHESH8890 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my usb ports are not working it detecting the pendrives but its not displaying the detected drives

pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

recently i had set an password for detecting the usb flash drives later on my usb ports are not working in my pc please suggest an usb port drivers to my pc 

hp pavilion g6

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17181 17160 1247 1861
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my usb ports are not working it detecting the pendrives but its not displaying the detected drives

Hey there! @MAHESH8890, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand that USB port on your laptop is not working.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Try with different USB devices and check if it works.

1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch.
3. Double-click the USB Root Hub device, and click the Power Management tab. (if there’s more than one USB Root Hub device, repeat these steps for each one.)
4. Turn off the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option, and click OK button

Uninstall the USB Controller
Open the Device Manager.
Find Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.
Right click the first driver in the Universal Serial Bus section and click Uninstall.
Repeat the process for all drivers in the Universal Serial Bus section.
Restart your computer.

If the issue still persists, try turning off fast startup and check if it helps.
Open Control Panel and choose Power Options.
On the sidebar on the left click Choose what the power buttons do.
Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
Under the Shutdown, settings find the Turn on fast startup and uncheck it.
Now click Save changes and you’re done.

Also, refer this document to troubleshoot USB issues.

If the issue still persists it is a hardware issue please contact HP for service options.

Link to contact HP.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation