cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

network connection

HP Recommended
pavilion notebook
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

On the list of availble networks I have one with a red cross, how can I get rid of it? Thank you

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
1,071 1,006 54 138
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Pieshop,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that there is an available network that is marked with a red cross. I am happy to help you resolve this issue. First, please perform a hard reset. Once that is complete, try the steps in this document:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 😎

You may also find the post from @RonBaker on the Microsoft support forums helpful.

Microsoft Support Forums

If the information provided has not helped you resolve the issue, try restoring the BIOS and then check for Windows updates. For more specific information, please provide the product number.

Thank you, I look forward to your response with the outcome.

If this post has helped you, you can show appreciation by clicking the thumbs up! If it has resolved the issue, you can also click the accept as solution.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation