Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kevinmaloney Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

new Bluetooth headset stops wifi from working

HP ENVY DV6T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

I have this issue with my laptop, basically when I turn on my bluetooth headset , sometimes it disables my wifi, in order to enable the wifi again i have to disable the bluetooth and restart my laptop ,I did a bit of research and found that the wifi chip and the bluetooth chip is the one chip? im just wondering would there be something wrong with the chip or is a setting that needs to be changed for both to work? 

-kevin

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

new Bluetooth headset stops wifi from working

Hi there @kevinmaloney

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I understand that you are having an issue with the Bluetooth on your HP ENVY Notebook PC. 

Please NOTE; Use only one Bluetooth-enabled device at a time. Using multiple Bluetooth-enabled devices at a time may cause the devices to lose their connection. Here is a document I found called Understanding and troubleshooting Bluetooth wireless technology. It explains Bluetooth Wireless Technology for you. Please also take a look at the Using Bluetooth Devices documentation. This document may be helpful because it walks you through connecting devices.

Here is a document from the Microsoft Community on Constant Drops in Internet Connection. It has some troubleshooting steps as well.

Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager?

Please try the following: 

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on all of the Network Adapters individually.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Restart the Notebook twice.

You could also update the Software Driver the same way:

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on the Network Adapter.
  • Click Update Software Driver
  • Restart the Notebook.  

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating for Windows 10.

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon. You can click the thumbs up icon to show gratitude!

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). 

Thanks for joining the HP Support Community!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation