cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lady_rebekah Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

no access to internet after waking up from hibernation?

I have a  HP G42-23OUS notebook PC, running on Windows 7 home premium. I bought it from ebay last summer manufacturer refurbished. Also, I use wireless internet. I totally love it ,but for one thing - every time the computer wakes up from hibernation mode it will not connect to the internet! I have to restart the computer before it will reconnect to the internet, which totally ruins the whole point of hibernation mode to begin with!
    To avoid this problem I have changed the power settings so that while plugged in it will never go into hibernation mode & instead just goes idle till i touch the touch pad again. That being said, this is no longer a huge issue, but I would still love to know why this has been happening & what, if anything I could do to fix it?
   Thanks for any info that you can give me about this anyone/everyone!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
105405 95956 14817 22790
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

It is possible you need to update th wireless card's driver.  What model wireless card do you have and I will send you the link to the latest driver for it.

Also need to know what operating system and if it is a 32 or 64 bit system.

Paul

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks Paul,
 I have the 62 bit version of Windows 7 home premium.

After looking under 'Network adapters' in my device manager, I have found  3 adapers:
Boadcom 4313 801.11b /g/n - version 5.60.350.23
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter - version 6.1.7600.16385
&, Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller - version 7.46.610.2011

The WiFi Miniport adapter was last updated on 6/21/2006, so I'm sure it could use some updating - while I was there looking it up I did click on 'update driver' but windows said is couldn't verify the signature for latest driver it found for this card, so I didn't install in.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
105405 95956 14817 22790
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi:

Below is the link to the latest driver for your Broadcom wireless card. (dated 2/13/12).

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-102505-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Hopefully, that will fix the problem.

Paul

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks Paul, after installing the new driver I tested it by putting the computer in both sleep & hibernation modes - after waking it up from hibernation mode it re-connected by it's self right away, but from sleep mode it wouldn't re-connect to the network by it's self or on the first time I tried to get it to, but on the 2nd try here I am posting this - WITHOUT being forced to re-boot the computer!  I will try making it enter sleep mode again shortly to see how it behaves upon waking up a 2nd time, but it seems to be fixed.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
105405 95956 14817 22790
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation