cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Pinaxx Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no longer works the keyboard of my notebook

Hello, (I have a Notebook HP Pavilion g6-2234sl with Windows 😎 for a few days no longer works the keyboard of my laptop .. I went to management Drivers> Keyboard Standard PS / 2> Properties> General: Device Status: This device is not present or is not working properly or you have not installed all the drivers. (Code 24).
I viewed the driver:

c: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ I8042prt.sys (supplier microsoft)

c: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ Kbdclass.sys (supplier microsoft)

c: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ syntp.sys (supplier synaptics inc.)

I tried to update, it says it is already updated ..
I have also tried to restore the computer, but the problem is still there.

What do I do?

I hope you can help me .. thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,628 4,401 257 819
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Pinaxx. So, from time to time your notebook's built in keyboard stops functioning? Is this correct?

Again, just to make sure I am on the same page, what is listed under "Human Interface Devices" and "Keyboards" in your Device Manager? If it is not listed, do you have a section labeled "Other Devices?"

Before going further I'd like to perform a hard reset of the notebook. This forces the computer to re-initialize the hardware and can fix a wide variety of issues. Try the following.

1. Shut down the notebook.
  2. Remove battery and AC power.
  3. Press and hold power button for 20-30 seconds.
  4. Replace battery and AC power.
  5. Boot notebook and verify functionality of keyboard.
  6. Post the result.

I will keep an eye out for your reply and continue working with you. I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

deshire Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

I tried this solution on my Hp Pavilion 15 b020ew and it really worked, thought I had a problem with the driver fofr which I couldn't find a download and then I saw this and I'm so happy it worked 😄

Thank you!

0 Kudos
San54 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi AttackofZaq.

Would just like to say thank you for saving my one year old HP Laptop before it went out the window! 

The keyboard stopped working, tried going back to a restore point which didn't work and various other things.  Thought  about doing a recovery but saw this solution.  Have to say it didn't work the first time and the touchpad stopped working too.  So closed the lid, took out the battery again and re-inserted, turned it back on and everything worked! 

Thanks again for the advice

San54

0 Kudos
ashugonda Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

that simple?? thnxx brother u saved my day 

0 Kudos
rieux_30 Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this really works for me. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation