cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 21 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Paul

Did all that you suggested and no change. How do I roll back to the previous BIOS as it seems to be the new installation that is a fault. I would hope that HP will also do something about this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
123,076 113,257 18,233 27,818
Message 22 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you can, go to your notebook's support and driver page, click on the BIOS section and see if there is a link to Previous Versions.

Select the version you had and see if that helps.  Make sure you read the notes to see if you can revert to an earlier version.

Sometimes there is no turning back once you flash to a certain version which should be mentioned in the notes.

If there is no previous versions to revert back to, then there is nothing you can do that I know of.

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 23 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul,

As this string has been going for several months, can you please explain why HP is still pushing out a broken BIOS update?  I just got the notice for the update a few days ago, and it seems a few of the posters were even more recent.  Clearly this isn't a new issue, and I think it is completely irresponsible for HP to be pushing a known issue.

I appreciate your attempts to help but none of the answers are very satisfactory to me.  Getting an audio driver to work should not require a factory reset.  I'm guessing HP has no desire to fix the wrong they pushed onto all of us?  What of the posts that HP is requiring people to pay for the privelege of having HP help them fix the screwup HP themselves caused?

This should be embarrassing for the company.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
123,076 113,257 18,233 27,818
Message 24 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wish I could help you further, but this is a consumer to consumer forum, and other than the suggestions I provided, there is nothing more I can do.

I do not work for HP.

You can contact the CEO and hope your issue is directed to the right place.

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/ceo/index.html

Good luck,

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 25 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is absolutely unacceptable.

The HP employee on here needs to send us a very clear and solid fix or get the right person on here to do this.

HP forced us all to do this update and now my sound doesn't work. I am going on a long international trip in 2 days and need the sound working on my laptop.

This is totally unacceptable and need to be fixed right away.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
6 6 0 7
Message 26 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

follow below instructions, it worked for me.

I was able to find a solution...if you go to http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodTopCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=18703&dest_pag...

Choose your exact system (you can also access this from your support assistant by going to find help and choosing access online resources for your PC) - then choose software and driver downloads - choose your operating system - Choose driver/audio and pick one. I chose the one from 2012-8-13. Save it the download to your desktop and run it.

WMP, quicktime, & itunes are all working again. The performance issues have also abated. Good Luck and best regards!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 27 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Greenalbert

I followed your guidance and everything appears to be working again, many thanks.

I only wish that the Service staff at HP had been more helpful rather than directing me to their software service engineers and asking me to pay for the priviledge.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 28 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Greenalbert!

Thanks for the tip. My speakers have come to life again 😄 

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 29 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help as it seems to be a solid fix. I did not fix mine yet because  I have a Pavillion dv6. There are many versions of dv6 on the list. How do I know which one I have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 30 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Greenalbert's solution worked for me. Thank you!!!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation