cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rpjack04
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

no tpm or tpm has a problem

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion dv6506us laptop running Windows Vista 32-bit. When I press the power-on switch the laptop tries to boot for three or four times. On each attempt to boot, an error message appears on the black screen saying: No TPM or TPM has a problem.

After a while, the machine continues its booting process and loads the operatiing system. Another issue is that after Windows loads, I try listening to a music file but the sound is scratchy, not firm and clear as it should be. If for any reason I have to reboot the machine, it will do the same erroneous process of rebooting without loading Windows like for three or four times before finally loading Windows. I have tried hard resetting the laptop, updating the BIOS, and all applicable suggestions by the HP troubleshooting support help and have not been able to solve the problem. Have any one previously had or currently has this issue? I know that the machine has ran out of its warranty. If by any chances anyone or an HP Tech gets to read this help request post and can help guiding me in the right direction on solving this problem it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
rpjack04
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This rebooting issue has been resolved. I contacted HP Support and paid an out of warranty fee.
0 Kudos
RktSighNTst
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How is this the solution?

0 Kudos
kneoyork
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How is the solved?

0 Kudos
MF1
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did they say what the problem / fix was?

What was the repair cost?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation