cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Still-learning2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

nonreplaceable battery problem on HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 13

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 13
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've noticed the back of the laptop heating up for the past year, and usually place the screen section on a USB-powered fan platform to reduce the heat. When I put it to "sleep" I then turn off the AC power. I've been able to run it without AC power for 2-4 hrs on numerous occasions. However, about a week ago when I tried to resume from "sleep" before turning on ACpower, the CPU suddenly turned off. At the time I was using an external USB modem which was plugged in. So I turned on the AC power, and restarted the laptop. That happened a few times, and at least twice I saw a brief message on screen saying the battery level was below 3%, so CPU was turning off. Usually in sleep mode battery storage would not drop below 93%. In the past week the battery has stopped charging. (Last night it said the battery level was 0%; all day today it shows 83%.) So I have to use the ACpower to keep the laptop running.

HP Battery check today produced the following results:

Warranty Type: 3
Cycle count: 187 / 1000
Manufacturer: 331C
Battery Age: 780 days
Serial Number: 02255 2014/09/30
Temperature: 36 °C
Design Capacity: 4580 mAh
Full Charge Capacity: 3818 mAh (83%)
Remaining Capacity: 3193 mAh
Current: 0 mA
Terminal Voltage: 8254 mV
Design Voltage: 7600 mV
Cell Voltage 1: 4127 mV
Cell Voltage 2: 4127 mV
Cell Voltage 3: 0 mV
Cell Voltage 4: 0 mV
AC Power: Yes
CT Number: 6EJHQ03WY7J48Y

Failure ID: MAHW60-000000-MFGH6K-C0E103

I'm instructed to replace the battery...

I've had this laptop since January 2015, and warranty expired in January 2016. I'm currently in SE Asia (far from any HP service centers). The battery in this laptop is "not replaceable" except by HP technicians, and I've not found any way to order a replacement battery. Any advice? Anything like an "external battery pack" available for this model HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 13?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,355
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @Still-learning2,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to help you.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

This seems to be a hardware issue, I would suggest you contact our HP Phone Support for available service options.

Link to contact HP: http://hp.care/2bkTGBQ

I hope this helps. Let me know if you encounter any difficulties contacting HP.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation