Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bunny1996 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

onplay.exe not working

I tried to play a game in the HP game section of my computer.  It is giving me the message that it doesn't exist anymore.  Why?  It is a brand new computer.  It is only seven months old.  It has given me this message before.  It isn't fair that a brand new computer would give you an error message like that.  How do I get it to work again.  I am at a loss.  Most of the time when a problem happens I can troubleshoot the problem as I am a computer programer.  This time I don't know what to do.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
29 REPLIES
Staicov Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 2 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

onplay.exe not working

onplay.exe not working

0 Kudos
shyyan Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

onplay.exe not working

my problem is the same as bunny1996 except that my computer is a month old. i would appreciate a solution

from someone who has managed to solve the onplay.exe not working problem.

0 Kudos
sylve Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

onplay.exe not working

onplay.exe stopped working a few weeks ago, computer about 11 months old.

0 Kudos
Imazangel Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

onplay.exe not working

I am having the same problem, Anyone help me with a solution

0 Kudos
shyyan Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 6 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

onplay.exe not working

when trying to play games on my new computer, i receive a message-  onplay exe not working. i would appreciate any suggestions on how to correct this problem

0 Kudos
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
945 45 145
Message 7 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

onplay.exe not working

Thanks to all who are posting, we need a little more information, and I also have some links that may be helpful.

First the basics

Can you please post you model number & Product number on here, please don't put your Serial number, that's for one-on one support.

Here is a link if your not familiar with getting that information.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Then it would be good to know exactly what games you are having the issue with and when the issue started.

It seems Wild Tangent released some updates for their games.

On their forum and others they also talked about Anti virus programs and viruses, so please list what you use for AV.

http://forum.wildgames.com/topic/20463-this-issue-has-been-resolved-102111-games-app-not-working-aft...

Once we see what you have we may find you all have something in common or it is possible there are different causes with the same symptom.

Getting information from you helps everyone on the forum help you.

There are a lot of threads on a lot of forums out there, people have been reporting this error for years, again not everyone may have the same root cause, more information helps us to work it out.

So thank you to all

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
0 Kudos
jordand Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

onplay.exe not working

how do you take this off of your computer? and what is the meaning of this?also where did this come from?

0 Kudos
khm Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 9 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

onplay.exe not working

My HP Laptop (Pavilion dv6 - 6027tx) also cannot get the games such as Bejewelled 2 to play.  When clicking on the game icon a Windows 7 64 bit message appears: "Onplay.exe has stopped working". Windows then professes to look for a solution - then the whole activity disappears.

This machine is less than 6 months old. I have also submitted a query to Wild Tangent - their replies are not very helpful.

My antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials.

0 Kudos
lovemon Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

onplay.exe not working

onplay.exe not working would like to play games.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation