cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
abi2
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

operating system

HP Recommended
hp envy m6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have occurred problem in factory version of windows 8.1 which is pre installed.I got strucked with that version.Obviously i have Windows 8 Operating System and I Installed it.I got an update of windows 8.1 and i installed it.But it is a Build version.But i need an Original Operating System.Can I get my RECOVERY OS through HP.I need to get the OS through hp.would you post the link as soon as possible.waiting for ur Help...

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 960 2,185
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @abi2 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY m6 Notebook and needing to recovery your Notebook. You could try to reset your Windows 8.  This helps recovery the Notebook back to factory settings. Please read the full document before starting.

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
abi2
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need a USB flash drive of Windows 8.1 So I am trying to purchase it.Would you like to post a link of purchase...

0 Kudos
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 960 2,185
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @abi2,

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

They will help with the ordering.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation