cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ask02a Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

optical drive hard disk caddy for HP Notebook - 15-ay011ne

HP Notebook - 15-ay011ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i am planning to replace my HDD with a samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd and place my current HDD to my optical drive after removing it . But i am not able to find any answers online for as to which caddy i can use for the HDD . 

can someone please suggest 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
38974 38789 5978 10417
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP does not make the caddy for the optical drive but nearly every Chinese shop does so the market is flooded with them. 

https://www.jacobsparts.com/items/HDDBAY-02/

There are some compromises that will be made with one of these devices which I am happy to explain if you wish. Also, are you clear on how to open it up and replace the HDD with the SSD?

Happy to help further. 

0 Kudos
Ask02a Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi , 

thanks for the reply .

I am not completely certain about the procedure on how to do that , and because of that i will be giving my laptop to my university technical services team to do the swap .

I am planning to make the new ssd my main memory and convert the HDD to secondary .

will there be any problems in doing so ??

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation