Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ashly01 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

password not recognised pavillion 360

pavilion 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi please help, I am locked out of my laptop it fails to recognise my password, have used the same password since I got it about a year now so there's no way I forgot it since I use it daily.
The problem started after I experienced a shut down issue, the laptop dint respond to shut down or restart but only sleep. I tried command prompt shutdown and got the message "your system shut down is in progress"
I help the power off button and did a hard shutdown.
So now I am faced with this issue.
I have tried to enter password via the easy access virtual keyboard with no luck.
The laptop doesn't have f keys and now I have no idea how to even get in through safemode or if its even a possibility.
Any help will be much appreciated and I really can't afford to lose all my data and files :(
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @ashly01

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that you forgot the password to log into your HP Pavilion x360 Notebook PC. 

I went to the Microsoft website and found these solutions below for you. If any of the solution's provided below resolve the issue, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution" so that other's who have the same issue can find the step's easily. 

For Windows 10: 

If you are using a Microsoft Account:

To reset your password:

• Click this link: Reset your password.
  • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
  • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
  • Enter the characters you see on the screen
  • Click Next.

If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.

Source: When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.

When you get back into your Notebook, please follow these steps to set up your pin again:

• In Windows, search for and open Settings.
  • Click Accounts.Click Sign-in options.
  • Under PIN on the Requires sign-in page, click Add.
  • Type your local account password and click OK.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to set up a PIN, and then click OK.
  • Use your new PIN to log in to your device.

If you ever forget your PIN, click I forgot my PIN and type in your password to repeat these steps.

Source: Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10)

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to re-post with your Notebook Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).

Thanks!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
ashly01 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi EmeraldAvenger

Thank you so much for replying.
I do have a pin created and the laptop isn't accepting it nor my microsoft password. The passwords are correct for some reason the notebook keeps saying incorrect password. I have tested the password by logging into my Microsoft account from another device.

Will the above method still work?
And will it work without me being connected to the internet?

Thanks again
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @ashly01

From what I understand, it should still work. However, if it does fail for some reason, I would suggest contacting Microsoft for further help.  You can also reach out to them using their Microsoft Community Forums

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation