cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
operadini
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

pavilion dv3 power switch connector problem

HP Recommended
pavilion dv3
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
pls help me if you can. my son tampered with my dv 3 in my absence. he cut off the ten pin power switch connector. my problem is that its a ten pin connector from the mother board but on the power switch main small board, it has only 9 pin. can somebody tell me how to position the connector to solder it back ?. I'd be grateful if anyone will help me out. thanks in advance
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tardis40
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 436
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @operadini,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with power cable. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

There is no information available for the power cable pins. the power cable is part of a cable kit park number 603924-001.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
operadini
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello, and thank you for showing concern. Maybe I need to be a little bit more detailed. On the power button board, there is a connector that links it to the main motherboard. Problem is, its been torn off from the motherboard (10 pins), but the number of pins on the connector side for the switch is just 8 while on the motherboard is 10 hence, is now difficult for us to know how to solder it back to the switch board, whether to start from left side omitting 2 pins or vice versa. Hope this helps you understand me
0 Kudos
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 716 1,915
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @operandini,

Thank you for replying. I grasp that the power button board connector has been accidentally disconnected and you would like to solder it back into place, but the connector has 8 pins and the motherboard has 10.  Would you please provide your specific model of DV3. HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? This would allow me to research this further.

To say thanks for helping, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation