cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jr_hp
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavilion dv4 1543sb need power jack

Where can I get a power jack for a pavilion dv4 143sb? I'm pretty sure that's what I need. I keep losing power & have replaced the battery. Still have problem with battery (it's good) not charging & computer not receiving power. Sometimes jiggling cord or smacking computer on table will get power, often not. It's working less & less. I cannot find a part on the hp website. Help. Any recommendations for a good repair place? bellevue, wa area

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
41,684 41,469 6,567 11,433
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavilion dv4 1543sb need power jack

eBay five bucks:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/for-HP-DV4-1000-DV4T-AC-DC-DC-IN-POWER-Jack-Socket-Connector-Cable-486836-00...

Your Service Manual:

Manual

I think some of these parts in the Manual may be mislabeled. Page 21 the exploded diagram I am pretty sure this is #10, which is labeled as the modem.

Can't help with a repair shop in WA. This is a fairly big job but doable if you are careful.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation