cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

pavilion g6-1012sa suddenly stopped working. blank screen. no boot window, no caps lock light

HP Recommended
lk926ea#abu
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hi - this old dinosaur has been a good workhorse - but has suddenly packed up.  I'm wondering whether its the motherboard which needs replacing or is there any other troubleshooting to locate the component at fault. forced a hard reset, and have reset memory and hdd.

look forward to your responses. thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,474
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mstorey2016,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that you need assistance with the computer that is not posting. It will be a delight to assist you.

At the outset, I am amazed at your awesome and splendid technical skills and expertise. It speaks volumes of your computer skills when you reseat RAM modules and the hard drive  on the computer. Such exhaustive and copious attention paid to detail is greatly appreciated. Hats off to you on a job brilliantly done.We appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you and regard you as a valued HP customer.

As it is a hardware issue and looks like a motherboard failure, please contact phone support by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp You need to select the country and enter the product# of the unit. Then follow the on-screen instructions. There is a possibility that service options may not be available with HP as it is a slightly older computer. In that case, you will need to consult a local technician.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the computer works great. Hope this helps. Please let me know how this works.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution”.

Thanks and have a terrific week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation