Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,417 Views)

pavilion hp 14 b164 touchpad and touch screen not working

[ Edited ]

good day.i have pavilion hp 14 b164tu touchpad and touch screen not working. I tried to re installed windows major installation ,switch off remove power chord and remove battery and press switch for 3 minutes and other options but still not working.my notebook is 14 months old.any advice.thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (1,399 Views)

Re: pavilion hp 14 b164 touchpad and touch screen not working

[ Edited ]

Hello arzi,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the touchpad and touchscreen are not working on your computer anymore. I will do my best to assist you!

As a general troubleshooting step, if the issue began recently (a month or less, maybe a little more), you should try a System Restore. I want you to bring the computer back to the earliest restore point possible, in an attempt to dodge whatever caused the issue. Here is a document on how to perform a System Restore: System Restore

**Troubleshooting the touch screen**

To resolve the issue, I will need you to try the steps in this HP document: Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues in Windows 8

I want you to troubleshoot the issue with the steps from the following sections: "Touch screen doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 8" and "Tapping the touch screen does not do anything".

**Troubleshooting the touchpad**

To resolve this issue, please review the troubleshooting in this document: Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 8)

Please perform the troubleshooting in this section only: "Troubleshooting when TouchPad does not work in Windows 8"

Next, if that document doesn't help, this one might: Troubleshooting Mouse Problems (Windows 8)

In that document, there is a generic section to troubleshoot when the pointer does not move. Please refer to the following section only: "Moving the mouse does not move the pointer"

Please let me know your outcome, and I shall continue to assist if necessary. Thanks and have a great day Smiley Happy

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,047 Views)

Re: pavilion hp 14 b164 touchpad and touch screen not working

Dear you, i´m having the same problem, and it´s very unconfortable...:smileysad:

i already have made all the steps, upgrades and another things that i found on the internet, and nothing happens. my touchpad and now, my keyboard stop working every day, but it works perfectly when i plug an external device...please HELP ME!!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation