Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (179 Views)

pavilion x360 low battery life

Product Name: Pavilion x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello. I recently bought Pavilion x360 11, and on pretty much every review site etc. there was written that the full charge should last for approx. 6 hs of browsing internet. I tested it twice just browsing internet, and not even that much because at the same time i was playing on my PC. Both tests ended up in laptop hibernating after 4-4.5hs. I must say that is rather low battery lifetime, specially for me as I bought it for outside use mostly. Can it be defective battery or maybe upgrade to win 10 would work it out for me ? (asking about win 10 because I've read couple general opinions about how it extended their battery lifetime from i.e. 6.5h to 9h ) Any help would be very appreciated, as I have to make a decision if i want to replace the laptop at store or not.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (147 Views)

Re: pavilion x360 low battery life

Dear Customer,

Please go through the below document:

HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01297640

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (135 Views)

Re: pavilion x360 low battery life

Thank you for your reply, but i've already got to know the standard ways of improving battery life and I'm pretty sure i do everything correctly. Beside that I'm not really convinced that to reach the lifetime it should have just after i bought it i should make some weird settings change. For me at least that would be false advertising / cheating customers if the test would be ran at absolutely minimal settings and most energy saving.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation