Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
djones0730 Tutor
Tutor
12 0 3
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavillion dv7-6c64nr

Pavillion dv7-6c64nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good afternoon:

I have recently reloaded a my HP Pavillion dv7-6c64nr laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit loaded.  Where are the correct drivers located for it and is there a certain order I should load them? Or should I reload with a 32-bit version?

Product # A6X13UA#ABA

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
101412 14053 21593
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavillion dv7-6c64nr

Hi:

Below is the link to the W7 support page for your PC.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv7-6c00-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-serie...

There are some drivers you should install in a certain order.

1. The intel chipset installation utility.  Install and restart the PC.

This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver for supported notebook models and operating systems. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager.

File name: sp55095.exe

2. The Intel graphics driver.  Install and restart the PC. 

This package provides the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp55098.exe

3. Audio driver.  Install and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp59542.exe

4. Ethernet driver.

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp55105.exe

5. Wireless driver.

This package contains the Intel Wireless Drivers and Intel PROSet for the Intel Wireless LAN Adapters (see Devices Supported) in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. Intel PROSet includes Intel "My WiFi" functionality.

File name: sp57090.exe

Then you can install the rest of the drivers in any order you want.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation