Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Scratch4416 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavillion g6

Pavilion G6 1c31nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I bought this laptop used from someone online. I know it is old. It uses the FS1 socket, and has an A4 processor. So I can't expect too much. But it just locks up on me aall the time. As soon as I try to open anything, it just locks up. The day I got it, I was able to open Google Chrome and watch some Youtube videos. The next day, nothing. I think the HDD is screwed, and I would like to replace it with an SSD. My problem is, it will not detect my SSD. What can I do to get my SSD installed in this thing, so that hopefully I can use it for some basic things on the go?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37390 5652 9758
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavillion g6

What type of SSD?

0 Kudos
Scratch4416 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavillion g6

SanDisk Extreme SDSSDX-120gb SATA 6g/s

0 Kudos
Scratch4416 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavillion g6

It is a SanDisk Extreme SDSSDX-120gb SATA 6g/s. 
Is there some compatibility issue? If so, is there a different SSD, or even HDD that you would recommend?

0 Kudos
Scratch4416 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavillion g6

I contacted HP support on the phone, and they told me that this laptop is only compatible with a 500gb 5400rpm HDD. So I ordered one on Newegg. I will update if it works after I get it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation