Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-ac042TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

phone is not connected as mtp in my pc.it is connected as ptp.i tried many options like bt nothing actually worked.is this a drver problem? if it is plz send me the required driver....

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @nkesr123, Thanks for stopping by HP forums.

I understand that your phone connected as PTP instead of MTP.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

I assume that you are using an android device. If you are please try the steps recommended below.

Please provide the model name of the phone you are using for better assistance?

If the options below do not appear on your device's screen, ensure that the USB cable is connected properly from the Mobile device to the USB port of the PC.    
If it still does not appear, try to connect the device to another USB port.
You may also try other USB cable/s to isolate the issue.
 If your phone is still unable to detect the connection, try updating the Software.
Tick the checkbox beside Media device (MTP).

If the above steps do not work try the steps mentioned below.

Settings -> About phone -> Touch 7 times on Build Number to enable Developer options
Settings -> Developer Options -> Select USB Configuration -> MTP

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it didn't work ...

HP Recommended

@nkesr123, thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

Please provide the product name or model of your phone to help you better.

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
product name is 15-ac042TU and os is windows 8.1 (64 bit)
HP Recommended

@nkesr123, thanks for your quick response.

It does not look to be an issue with your laptop, It looks to be an issue with your phone.

Have you tried connecting any other phones to your laptop and does it get detected as MTP on your laptop?

Use original USB cable while connecting your phone to USB.

Also, try connecting your phone to different USB ports and check if the issue persists.

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.