Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 4
100 88 1 7
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

plugged in and still asks for power

HP Recommended
All
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Laptop is plugged in, LED shows power, BIOS recovery still wants to be plugged in. Seen this problem on several machines.

Suggestions? Besides dumping HP for somebody else?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @VeganFanatic,

Welcome Back to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the power. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me and I will do all I can to help. 

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 4
100 88 1 7
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have investigated the power carefully with sophisticated tools and I think the firmware is configured wrong, it is not configure to be at the lowest ATX voltage etc

I have a 120W universal and it seems to solve the issue with 1V more to the input

this suggests the OEM brick has lost some voltage, so checking it under load, shows this to be the case

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @VeganFanatic,

Thanks for the information.

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 4
100 88 1 7
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I managed to get the problem fixed, but on my HP Stream 7 when MSFT dumped Windows 10, it corruped the system and trashed the recover too.

I ended up using a lot of extra equipment to revcover the machine, but there are issues with Windows 10 on the tablet that I have reported to MSFT

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation