Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Akkm Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

plugged in but not charging status while the charger is not plugged in

Hp 14-a002TX
It is about a year since I bought my hp compaq notebook . Recently the battery icon on the notification area shows 'plugged in, but not charging' status even if the charger is not plugged in. The indicator light is always ON with light-white light which indicates battery full status while the charger is not plugged in. when I plug in the charger it will charge normally and shows orange-red light which indicates battery is charging.
I tried a hard reset but it doesnt work. I tried to use the laptop with out the batter by plugging in the power cord, and insert the battery after a while, but no change as well.

I am gussing there is a contact inside the power port on the laptop. I am so worried these may damage my battery, my laptop in the worest case. Any solution?

Thanks in advance for your help.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
5851 5351 347 626
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

plugged in but not charging status while the charger is not plugged in

Hello @Akkm,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having an issue with the battery, and wanted to assist you!  I see that the system will indicate that the AC Adapter is plugged in, but the battery is not charging.  Even though the AC Adapter is not connected.

Have you tried calibrating the battery?  Please review the following document that is related to your Operating System:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8)

If you are still having trouble, then try restoring the BIOS.  Here is a document that can help:

HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

Please post back with the results.  Let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation