cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Retired
Retired
18,208 17,730 1,286 1,939
Message 11 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

plugged in, not charging

Hi! @katty1, thanks for the response.

I am still having issues opening the picture attachment.

Please tell me the attachment file extension you are trying to send.

Please send the picture in JPG or JPEG formats only.

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
katty1 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

plugged in, not charging

i don't understand why the image is not displayingUntitled..png

0 Kudos
katty1 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

plugged in, not charging

The message is that "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.windows will close the program & notify you if a solution is available".And if i click on debug option then it's show the "divide by zero exception was un handled".

Untitled..jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

plugged in, not charging

Thanks for the reply and the screenshot. 

Recommend you to uninstall HP Support Assistant (HPSA)

Restart the computer. 

Once the computer reaches the desktop screen, press Win + R to bring up the run dialog box. 

Type %temp% in the run dialog box and click OK.

Delete all the files from the temp folder. (you might not be able to delete some files/folders, ignore them)

Restart the PC. 

Download HPSA from our website and install it again.

Restart the PC. 

Run HPSA, check for updates and install the updates. 

If HPSA still does not respond, please visit www.hp.com/drivers and enter the product number of your computer.

Manually download and install BIOS and UEFI diagnostics and check the battery. 

Also, refer to this article for battery calibration and troubleshooting HPSA.

Let me know how it goes. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
katty1 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

plugged in, not charging

if i update the BIOS and UEFI diagnostics then will it effect any other program of My Pc?  (if yes then kindly tell that what changes will take place?)

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

plugged in, not charging

Thanks for the reply.

BIOS and UEFI update will not affect any programs. It is on the motherboard of the computer. It helps the components to work correctly. It will not affect any programs.

If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the “Thumbs Up” below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
katty1 Tutor
Tutor
10 9 0 0
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

plugged in, not charging

Hi!

I did not update the BIOS but when i turned on the 

pc it's showing "the battery is fully charged" notification so i run the "HP Battery check" again.And the results are that "the battery is functioning correctly but its need to be calibrated" so i calibrate the battery but when i unplugged the power adapter my Pc  also turned off.And when i turned it on again after connecting to the power adapter it's showing the same problem again.(mean battery is dead & pluuged in, not charging notification).

Screenshot.jpgScreenshot (1).jpg

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
18,208 17,730 1,286 1,939
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

plugged in, not charging

Hi! @katty1, thanks for the response.

As you mentioned the battery test passed but when you unplug the adapter your laptop shuts down.

I would recommend you to update BIOS on your PC and check if the issue persists.

BIOS updates typically have very short change logs – they may fix a bug with an obscure piece of hardware or add support for a new model of CPU

If the issue still persists after the BIOS update. It could be a battery connector issue with the motherboard. 

You have to contact HP for hardware service options.

Link to contact HP.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation