Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sualeh Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

power dvd error 80040256

I just received my dv6t 7000 quad edition with blu-ray player but when i tried to play the blu ray with power dvd that came with the system, it shows

Internal Error

Is it a problem with the software or hardware? if the problem is with software, how do i fix it?

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1373 112 267
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

power dvd error 80040256

Hi,

Yes this is a software problem. You can try reinstalling the Power DVD from HP Support and drivers:

CyberLink PowerDVD 10 (2D/3D) ►

If this doesnt work make sure you have run all HP updates from HP Support Assistant and also all windows updates. Running HP updates using HP Support assitant updates should work.

If none of these works then try this:

Error Code 80040256 Internal error

Sualeh Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

power dvd error 80040256

Bought a new blu-ray and I am getting the same problem again? What is goin on with this laptop? The picture viewer gives error too, says <COM Surrogate has stopped working> . This laptop is becoming a nightmare, Can someone please help me fix this? I can't reinstall the software each time I want to play a blu-ray!

0 Kudos
Sualeh Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

power dvd error 80040256

I mean a blu-ray not a DVD
0 Kudos
xrayslim Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

power dvd error 80040256

How do correct this problem?  

I purchased a Desktop with a DVD burner installed. I have install a Hp bd Writer Model bd335i. My system see the BD Drive and the movie installed. It will take you to the play mode. When you press play The.  The computer promts an error code 80040256.

I have tried reinstalling the software that came with the drive (  cyberlink  power drive 10BD) but to no avail.

This BD drive will play cd's, Dvd's but not Blu ray movies.

Please help!      

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3429 129 674
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

power dvd error 80040256

Hello Xrayslim,

If I understand your issue, are you having a problem with the Cyberlink power dvd program playing Blu-ray movies?

Please respond when you get a chance.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
0 Kudos
xrayslim Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

power dvd error 80040256

Yes!!  No viedo  from the Blu ray disk.

I will appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3429 129 674
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

power dvd error 80040256

Xrayslim,

Thank you for your quick response.

Can you please provide me the full make and model of the computer that we will be working on? If you are unsure how to locate the information, have a look at this link for a little help.

If I have been helpful or if you would like to say thank you for me trying to help, click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. I really appreciate it.

Thanks

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
0 Kudos
xrayslim Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

power dvd error 80040256

Desk top Model - HP ENVY PHOENIX H9 1350

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3429 129 674
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

power dvd error 80040256

Xrayslim,

Just to remove some information or steps you have already attempted to try. Did you try any of the recommendations from Parvez_tech?  Earlier in this thread, he provided some good information to some other individuals that were helpful to them. If you have not tried them, give it a shot.

If I have been helpful or if you would like to say thank you for me trying to help, click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. I really appreciate it.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation