Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Erlby Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printing in windows 10

HP 4650, P1102W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP laptop, printers, one inkjet, one laser. The laser's hooked up via USB, the inkjet wireless. Both have been installed and printed confirming pages at direction from the computer.  Print jobs will not print; everything looks normal but print jobs simply - go away; they don't show up in queu in control panel. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
15904 15848 1478 3529
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printing in windows 10

Erlby

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I've installed several printers under Win10 and what worked in ALL cases was the following:

1) Remove any drivers that MS installed for the printer

2) Remove any software that MS installed for the printer

3) Go to the HP website for the printer and download the Win10 Full Feature Software

4) Turn off the printer

5) Install the HP software but do not turn on the printer until prompted to find or connect it.

6) Finish installing the software

7) Reboot the PC

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Erlby Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printing in windows 10

Thanks so much for your procedure. Is it sufficient to uninstall a printer, or is there other software involved?  I have done the uninstall and then found myself on very familiar ground: I've done it before.  More than once.

0 Kudos
Erlby Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printing in windows 10

AS an update, we've been using a different computer when printing is desired.  Today we opened the thing again, and the computer told us there was no driver installed.  So once again through HP's procedure, which involved such matters as peeling the tape off the  packaging . . .  after re-installing the driver for the 1102, printing a confirmation page demonstrated that all was well;  I added that page to the stack of 'em already in hand.

Indeed we can print a confirmation;  we simply cannot print anything else.  Perhaps someone familiar with the process could provide some illustration of the path a print job follows; with these symptoms surely diagnosis should be simple. Personally, I'd be grateful to anyone who might point me to a block diagram of this printing process.  

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation