Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vinil Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

problem with my battery, hp probook 4420s

hi, i am getting a red cross mark on battery symbol, it shows a message "consider replacing your battery", but when i checked the status of the battery by using hp support assistant it shows that my battery is good. i dont understand the problem,

can you please let me know the problem and help me out

my probook is still in waranty

thank you

Regards

Bayyapu

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Michael_Murphy Tutor
Tutor
10 10 0 2
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could be a couple of different causes,

Firstly what operating system are you using?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
46239 40500 4383 11259
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vinil wrote:

hi, i am getting a red cross mark on battery symbol, it shows a message "consider replacing your battery", but when i checked the status of the battery by using hp support assistant it shows that my battery is good. i dont understand the problem,

can you please let me know the problem and help me out

my probook is still in waranty

thank you

Regards

Bayyapu

Go to a command line prompt. Type powercfg -energy -output c:\energy-report.html and post what powercfg reports.

Uninstall HP Support Assistant and then install the updated version.  Once that is done do a battery calibration and run the battery status check again. If you still have the same results contact HP

Best regards,
erico

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

Provost
Provost
10924 10796 773 4440
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check the link below:

Error "Consider Replacing Your Battery" Appears in Windows 7

Latest drivers and software for your model you will find here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation