Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Teacher
Teacher
108 5 23
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

probook restore operating system

Probook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need to restore / recover / reinstall my OS and need help.

There is a recovery partition on my PC but I don't know how to use it.

I have system and data backups but the laptop starts with a black sceen. I can use task manager to stop and start explorer.exe but I cant run my backup program.

I loaded HP updates and that trashed Chrome when I activated a plugin.

I tried to go back to a restore point and that stopped the login process with the Invalid Pointer error.

I tried uninstalling HP Client Security Manager using a range of methods on the net but once done the PC logs in to a black screen.

I have a recovery disk

When I try restoring to earlier points all I get are errors about missing files.

Where do I go from here?

I understand that there is an orininal image on a partition somewhere on the PC.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation