Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (243 Views)

probook - slimline - the touchpad freezes there is a yellow light on the pad that comes on

Product Name: probook slimline
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

there is a yellow light on the touchpad that comes on and freezes the mounse.   what am I doing to cause this??

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (213 Views)

Re: probook - slimline - the touchpad freezes there is a yellow light on the pad that comes on

Hi @RPR1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the touchpad freezing. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please get back to me , so I can help you

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 3 (173 Views)

Re: probook - slimline - the touchpad freezes there is a yellow light on the pad that comes on

THere is no need to call HP Support. Many of HP laptops have the ability to disable touchpad functionality by tapping or double tapping on the upper left corner. THis allows touch typists full access to the keyboard without worrying that a palm touching or pressing on the touchpad could cause the pointer to move away from where they are typing. You see the effect when you see the yellow light on the touchpad location. 

Just double-tap on the same area and the feature goes back to normal

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation