cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sulok Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Create a system recovery? " poping up in my notification!

HP ENVY Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently, I had reseted my computer and installed all the updates from the HP. I aready had a recovery partition in my computer from the time I purchased ii. But now, I am being shown "Create a system recovery" with double exclamatory sign in the hp support assistant. It was not shown before I reset my pc. Now I would like to know, if its necessary to create a flash drive recovery or else what should I do now? I'm worried if anything wrong happens! And the recovery partition is still there in my pc. Why am I shown with that message? Please reply

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
44671 44406 3335 13981
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Create a system recovery? " poping up in my notification!

Actually the message is usually shown soon after setting up a new machine.Not sure why your laptop waited. Creating Recovery Media-either on DVD or flash drive- is highly recommended. If the recovery partition became damaged/corrupt or the hard drive were to fail and have to be replaced the media would be used to reinstall Windows/software/drivers.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation