cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BlancaR
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

"Enter CURRENT Password"

HP Recommended
HP Mini 110
Microsoft Windows XP
My HP mini 110 has "Enter CURRENT Password" ...I am lost. I would greatly appreciate some help.
3 REPLIES 3
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 9,362 3,357 14,353
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Leave it blank and tap Enter- after 3 tries it should give a halt code. Post it here to get a passcode:

https://bios-pw.org/

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
BlancaR
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you so much! It worked. It keeps asking for it every time it's turned on. Is that normal? Also, is there a way to reboot the whole notebook? I forgot my actual password and it is locked completely. I cannot even log on with the \Administrator\ . I really appreciate your time.
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 9,362 3,357 14,353
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Enter BIOS and under Security change the password. Enter the passcode as old password and leave new password blank. Save & Exit.

Not sure how to reboot your Mini to original/new state. Some of them used Roxio Backon Track feature that relied on a backup image. Some came with an XP OS disc.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01805426

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation