Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,750 Views)

"Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer.

Hi I need help troubleshooting my pc. When I turn it on the screen shows " Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" on a green background. How do I get rid of this? It never stops configuring.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (1,719 Views)

Re: "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer.

[ Edited ]

HI Sean2071905,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I will do my best to assist you. I have read your thread on your HP Notebook and looping to Failure configuring Windows updates. Try performing a hard reset. When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices. If that does not help try to turn on the computer you start to press F11 repeatedly till the menu opens. You can do a system restore. I would be happy to assist if needed as there are many models of HP Notebooks I would need the model number. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Please respond with which Operating System you are running:
Which Windows Operating System am I running?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation