cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
maddog1421 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 81 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

How do you restart the spooler service?

0 Kudos
NeverEasy Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 82 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

I had the same issue suddenly develop for no obvious reason, although I had done an Adobe update, so that sounds the likely source.  I tried various removing the printer & adding the printer via the standard Devices & Printers option on windows, with no success.

Having then removed the printer again I then tried installing the printer via the HP program already installed on my machine:

- Start (windows icon)

- All Programs

- HP

- Photosmart Premium... (or presumably whatever your printer is)

- Add a device (& take it from there)

Printer was added easily & HP Solution Center has opened & worked no problem.  Long may it continue.

Hope that helps someone.

0 Kudos
mortimersnerve Top Student
Top Student
9 7 0 0
Message 83 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm now getting "Printer setup has failed to complete" when I try the latest solution.  Still get the same failure message when trying to run HP Solution Center.  But this worked:  1) insert SD card in printer,  2) scan to SD card, 3) move SD card to PC.  I'll be pulling the old canon flatbed scanner out from under the bed next.  Perhaps HP's overall corporate problems are starting to effect their ability to produce and support working software?

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 26 0 10
Message 84 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem where H:P Solution Center says the installation is not complete. I inserted the CD and changed the setup from ethernet to usb (had to connect an ethernet cable). Then the setup worked. A week later I had to do it again. A week after that I had to do it again. Today I have to do it again. HP, how long before we get a solution that works for good?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Liberty2001 Tutor
Tutor
4 3 0 3
Message 85 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I initially started this thread 3 years ago. SInce that time it has been viewed by over 50,000 people. In the 3 years I owed my HP printer, I had nothing but problems with it maintaining connectivity with my wireless network. 

2 months ago, I disconnected HP forever and got an Epson Workforce 845. This printer works flawlessly and is a pleasure to use. 

I recommend that all 50,000+ people do the same.

splonkie Tutor
Tutor
14 13 0 4
Message 86 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I posted a year ago, and I had to do a level 4 uninstall 2 days ago again and then the staged re-install of the software to get "solution" center to work again. Nothing solved yet!

For level 4 uninstall see: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/How-do-I-do-a-complete-level-4-uninsta...

0 Kudos
gwenhutson Top Student
Top Student
6 6 0 0
Message 87 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am sick of this printer.  Worst one I've had.  I am going to get the Epson recommended.  You would think that HP would CARE what the consumers were saying about their product.  This is how great companies and businesses fail....

0 Kudos
wls12 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 88 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I'd like to try one of the work arounds for the Solution Center. I don't understand this line "2. Try to "Add a device" in the HP start menu for the printer.   Even if this does not terminate (!) "solution" center should now
be working (just terminate the add a device task if it hangs)."

How do I get to the "HP start menu for the printer" in order to try "add a device"?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 26 0 10
Message 89 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To Add a Printer , Click Start, All Programs, HP folder, find the folder there for your printer, open that, and there you will find Add a Printer. You might want to put a shortcut to that on your desktop. I find that the Solution Center is lost each time I reboot. I just select the Add a Printer shortcut and the Solution Center works again.

0 Kudos
IFloss Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 90 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OMG, thank you!!!  the first 2 steps fixed the problem!!!  Yippie 🙂

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation