cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
WLRosenfeld Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 211 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

Sorry to say, but welcome to the club. If you review this thread you'll find you're in good company for a problem going back many years. Unfortunately, HP never corrected it and none of the many suggestions in this thread worked for me (despite many hours trying). When I talked with support I learned that they were no longer supporting my printer (J4680).

Rather than purchase a new printer, I purchased Vuescan to replace their software. It works reasonably well.

Won't be buying HP in the future.

Bill

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 26 0 10
Message 212 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

From sweetcw:

I have a faster way (though not fast) that seems to work for me:

1. Go to All Programs
2. Select HP
3. Select device folder (for me "Officejet Pro 8500 A909a Series")
4. Select "Add a device"
5. Follow steps to add a new device.

What I have found is that if someone signs in as a different user I need to re-add the device on my user account. This makes me really question the amount of testing that goes into this software package. The user experience of needing to reinstall for each use is pretty poor.
ruth45 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 213 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to scan from computer, what happened.

0 Kudos
spotnpopsi Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 214 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This 5 step solution from BruceTchr worked for me!  I don't know what the cause of the error message was for me -- I don't believe anyone signed in as a different user on my computer.  Thanks BruceTchr!

0 Kudos
Trainj Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 215 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your add device trick worked, thanks, well done, how did u discover it?

0 Kudos
Trainj Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 216 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you - I used your item 2 - add a device and it works! Well done, and thanks again. But don't HPark want to keep their customers.? Shouldn'the they be solving this? J

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 25 2 1
Message 217 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks bud.

Last time I had to do a system restore to fix this annoying problem. I'll update my post listing this as a workaround.

HP sucks big time for not fixing this problem that for me happens after a print job hangs up in W7 and spooler has to be stopped and restarted.

Phew!!

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 25 2 1
Message 218 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Posted here in error

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intern
Intern
28 25 2 1
Message 219 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your solution works in windows 10 as well but the HP folder isnt present so I found if I re-run the install program, it starts with an option to add a printer and from then on it follows the same path.

Adding a printer using the control panel doesnt work in either case.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation