cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BruceTchr
Level 3
26 26 0 10
Message 191 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

As previously noted on this message board the following works ofteh:

1. Go to All Programs

2. Select HP

3. Select device folder

4. Select "Add a device"

5. Follow steps to add a new device.

If the problem reoccurs copy the Add a device icon to the desktop and use it again.

0 Kudos
alex1744
4 4 0 1
Message 192 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

If it doesn´t work like this on windows 8.1 there´s often a problem with permissions on registry hive HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HP

Open Regedit, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HP and open "Permissions" or "Rights" (sorry , don´t know, what it is exactly in English).  Select User and allow full access for User. This did the trick for me with the same issue installing the software ("HP Solution Center") for a HP F4500 series on windows 8.1. I posted this some way up in this thread. All other suggestion didn´t help. To me this sounds strange, because starting the install as Administrator doesn´t help anyway,  whereas you should definitely have the rights to make entries to registry when doing so ....

Regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
scoutforgod
Level 2
8 7 1 1
Message 193 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I recently updated my HP laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. I used to be able to use HP Solution Center wih ease! When it is working, it is one of the best applications! I used it all the time! After the download, it said I had to reinstall HP Solution Center. I simply uninstalled the program and then reinstalled my printer's (hp officejet 6500 all-in-one printer - e709a) driver suite from HP's website. Afterwards, I tried to open Solution Center to find the error, "HP Solution Center cannot run becuase your device instalation is incomplete" It alsotold me to reinstall the program from the CD or Network.

*  My printer is connect wirelessly through a router

*  Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

*  Printer: hp officejet 6500 all-in-one printer - e709a

*  I downloaded Solution Center from this URL.... Click here

If you help me fix this problem, I will definantly say thanks by cliking "Kudos" "Thumbs Up"

Please Help!

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
splonkie
Level 2
14 13 0 4
Message 194 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This problem has been around since 2009. In June 2013 I summarized the solutions that have worked for me:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/quot-HP-Solution-Center-cannot-run-beca...

Try those (not tested with Windows 8).

BTW: the link to "everything" should be http://www.voidtools.com/ . It is useful for finding the level 1 .. 4 uninstall bat files.

0 Kudos
BruceTchr
Level 3
26 26 0 10
Message 195 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Read message 180

0 Kudos
scoutforgod
Level 2
8 7 1 1
Message 196 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, everytime I try to click on the link from message 180, It directs me to the language selector. I selct my language (English) but it doesn't go to the Hyperlink's adress afterwards. I am also not too tech savy, so if you could explain what message 180 says, that would be great! Sorry or the inconvenience. 

???????

0 Kudos
1stSarge
Level 1
14 14 0 1
Message 197 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found the proper fix by recycling my previous HP Desktop, buying a new Desktop and forgetting that I could not find anyone who knew how to fix the Solution Center and problem described. Please remove me from this problem.

0 Kudos
BruceTchr
Level 3
26 26 0 10
Message 198 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your message and mine are on page 20 of this thread.  Message 180 is on page 18 of this thread.  Near the bottom of this page is a list of the latest pages. Click on 18 and then scroll to message 180.

0 Kudos
scoutforgod
Level 2
8 7 1 1
Message 199 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Like I said, I can get to message 180, thats not a problem.  It's that I don't really understand what message 180 is trying to tell me because I'm not too tech savy. Also, when I try to open the link for the download in message 180, it redirects me to the HP Country-Language Selector. I simply select my language (English), but instead of takng me to the link's adress, it takes me to the HP Suport page.

0 Kudos
scoutforgod
Level 2
8 7 1 1
Message 200 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nevermind! I figured it out. Thanks anyway!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation