cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BruceTchr
Level 3
26 26 0 10
Message 201 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

Could you be more specific about how "to allow user write access on registry  HKLM\Software\Hewlett-Packard\ completely fixed this issue". Most people do not know how to do that.

0 Kudos
BruceTchr
Level 3
26 26 0 10
Message 202 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

Can you tell us what you did? Maybe it will help others.

0 Kudos
scoutforgod
Level 2
8 7 1 1
Message 203 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All I did was make a silly mistake. After I download my printer's Driver, it gave me a list of buttons I could choose from to further my experience. These buttons consisted of....

Install More Software

Uninstall

Readme

Add a device

HP Smart Deals

Configure Wireless Settings

Exit

I selected "Install More Software". This gave me the option to download/install HP Solution Center. After I installed Hp Soution Center, I stopped when I shouldn't have. I thought I was done! What I didn't know was that I also had to "Add a device" to complete my installation. I clicked "Add a device" and then followed all the instructions it asked me to do. After my device was added, HP Solution Center opened up and worked just fine! There was only one thing missing, the application's icon art. To me, it didn't really matter if I had the icon art or not. As long as it works, right?!

My Printer: HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a support

My Printer's Driver's Download Link:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-110035-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Hope This Helps!!

alex1744
4 4 0 1
Message 204 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

sorry I didn´t write a step for step guide to do this. For many users it would be annoying, to describe things they have gone through a hundred times...

As to this topic: To allow User write access to a registry hive open Microsoft Registry Editor aka "regedit". If you don´t know how to do it, look at http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry/ht/open-registry-editor.htm . It is advisable to run it as user with administrative priviledges.  However - if not - UAC may pop up and ask you whether you really want to make critical changes to system.

Once opened browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HP

Right click "HP" (folder like symbol) and choose Permissions.

Select "users" and tick "full access". Save changes. Close Registry Editor. Although not nescessary, it won´t do a harm if you choose to reboot computer afterwards, which means, before trying another installation of "Solution Center".

As stated I only "tested" this for HP F4500 series and "Solution Center" (plus it´s various "addons").

Probably  some (other) Software components from HP may "register" themselves to a hive named "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett Packard". If you find this hive too, than do the same to this one. At least it won´t do any harm - except of a "slight loss of security",  allowing "common" users of your windows installation to possibly write to these Registry hives to.

I found another brief tutorial on registry editing on http://www.sophos.com/de-de/support/knowledgebase/13811.aspx .  It contains an explanation on how to back up registry hives to possibly revert changes, if they don´t fix the problem - or induce other problems.

And: Don´t be afraid and type "things you don´t understand" in the query field of your favorite search engine. You managed to find (google ?) this post.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex

BruceTchr
Level 3
26 26 0 10
Message 205 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great post! This is new information to me:  

Once opened browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HP

Right click "HP" (folder like symbol) and choose Permissions.

Select "users" and tick "full access". Save changes.

I never knew about right clicking the folder and choosing Permissions, even though I am well versed in using the computer.  

0 Kudos
ReallySad
1 1 0 0
Message 206 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't imagine - any reputable company not being embarrassed -

Imagine buying a car - that can't leave your garage until you spend hours on phone with tech support !

And, then doing the recommended ( guesses) at to what will make the car operable. IF EVER ! Only sure fix is - a return.

I am so disappointed in the integrity - not to mention the $$$ and hours spent - and still many unfixed issues with my brand new Office Jet Pro 8610. . The above issue is the least of my problems.

The most discouraging of all is the advertising - 'custom media' sizes range from 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14. And, yet no one has been able to show me HOW TO make use of this feature. I've been told - Oh, you need a MAC computer for this feature to work. I've been told - 'Oh, it doesn't work unless you are printing from MS WORD." (that didn't work either). And, finally - 'Oh, it doesn't work with envelopes.' . . .Which is it  ? 'custom media' sizes range from 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 ? IF YOU HAVE A MAC and IF you plan to use MS WORD and last but not least - as long as you don't want to do envelopes.

Really sad to read how many others have spent hours and hours and still unhappy. A refund isn't even adequate compensation. . .I'd call Corporate, but they have access to the same info we do. . .They can read the Q's and repeated issues. They obviously are profitable in spite of

0 Kudos
WLRosenfeld
5 3 0 0
Message 207 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm a member of this sad crowd.

I was using the Officejet J4680 on my old computer over wireless without issue and was foolish enough to buy a new machine. The HP Solution Center software  still scans on the old machine but I've spent the entire day today trying unsuccessfully to get it to work on the new Windows 7 64 bit Professional machine.  It says "device installation not complete". I've uninstalled and reinstalled 20 times today. I've followed all the suggestions in this thread including getting the HP Network Devices Support service going. I've installed the VueScan product (http://www.hamrick.com/)  whch works fine but gives less quality and runs slower. 

Where I am now is that Add a Device is not seeing the printer.  I choose wireless connection, yes I have already connected my printer, enter the IP address (which printing the New Configuration Page on the printer and going to the address via my browser confirm is correct) and get Your Printer Could Not Be Found on Your Wireless Network.

I'm unbelievably frustrated.

Bill

0 Kudos
KennyKPM
1 1 0 0
Message 208 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm literally throwing my Officejet 8500 and 8610 in the garbage. Goodbye HP. I have tried to be a loyal customer for over 30 years but your products, software and customer service have declined to an unacceptable level. Your crapware has wasted dozens of hours of my time.
0 Kudos
JimH3
1 1 0 0
Message 209 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get this message BUT I also get the message that it will not run without Adoe Flash Player being the latest....

when I try to install Flash Player it will not istall Iuse FireFox browser and when installing it says to Close I/E

But the I/E has a red X  by it and cancels install.......Ive even started I/E to install Flash Player and I get the same thing

Wdy o Why ???????

0 Kudos
TX53
1 1 0 0
Message 210 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I downloaded new software for HP OfficeJet Pro 8500, now can no longer use HP Solution Center. Says cannot run because installation not complete.

Have been using for over five years, until today.

Any help appreciated.

I do a lot of scanning, and going in manually sometimes errors and slower.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation