Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It's not available to partners either. HP refuses to let anyone have the tool that will basically wipe the slate clean on a motherboard that is locked or in a state that it can't be used. Instead they make you order another part and roll the dice on thier DMI process actually working. There is no quality controls on the spare parts that are being shipped. They are in a locked state when sent out and you don't know until after the part has been installed.

HP Recommended

Greetings,
I have been able to unlock the MPM on 8470p and 8570p.  It is not as simple as just running a utility unfortunately.  It is a higher level process but CAN be done.  Requires some disasembly and a Raspberry Pi.  It is up to you to determine if it is something you want to do.  I can provide a patch file for you to modify your own BIOS (after you perform a dump), or I can  provide an already modified BIOS that you would need to flash using the RPi.  Once this is done, your UUID is FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF and MPM is unlocked.  From there you can run wndmift.exe and reprogram Serial, SKU, PCID adn System Board CT, commit the changes and you will be all set.  This also has the added benifit of removing any BIOS Password that may of been in place.  Obviously, this would not be authorized by HP.  I do not work for HP but I have done this so many times, I've got it down to a science.  Minimal risk, lots of reward.   

HP Recommended

i suppose any lunux is fine for that ?

i would like to unlock mpm  for my test bios ( hp x2 612 g2 ) to fix - not commited strate - and bios not for production-

Also - would like to flash new bios bypussing bios signature check 

HP Recommended

Hi Mezzie,

My HP8570p has it's MPM locked with a password from a former user.

Can you provide me the files and method to unlock it ?

Many thanks,

dj

HP Recommended

Oups Mazzif, sorry for mixing up your name with another one !

HP Recommended

@dj-b

Thank you for using the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.