Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

"Minor?" Failure in HP Advisor setting/readings??

HP Recommended

I have owned a Pavilion laptop for about ten months of light duty usage; and so far zero problems. I'm getting a type of "message" when I open HP Advisor, then PC Dashboard. Towards the upper right portion of the screen the extended cell battery is able to hold a charge and appears to be operating normally, but... When I launch HP Battery Check I get a Failure ID 60E7U1-51J5AP-XD7U21-C09E03... I have also tried this on the normal battery set with the same results and also on two additional close to new battery sets that seem to work fine on other laptops...

I am not getting any additional computer problems of any kind or any error codes for the system. Based on the above mentioned facts it would appear that it might be: a software issue with HP Advisor, another hardware issue inside the laptop or a charging issue - which doesn't seem to be the case all batteries working fine.

One final issue... Is it HP policy to require a collateral type of credit card hold or deposit on a warranty item when it is not due to any fault of the consumer?

Any other ideas??

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,544
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is the latest version of support assistant, It will include the latest version of battery check. Download and install.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-88060-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First let me clearly thank Mumbodog for attempting to help, but... The download didn't work properly, and... I was eventually able to find this page which  technically does describe the code perfectyly, but... Also does not apply to me because it is doing this with every version of battery hooked up to the laptop. The link is as follows...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00821429

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
12,390 12,218 582 1,544
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do a hard reset, shut down the notebook, remove the AC and main battery, hold the power button down for 15 seconds, attach AC but not the battery, boot into windows, wait a few minutes then plug in the battery.

If you still get the error, try this

Disconnect AC
Shutdown
Remove battery
Connect AC (no battery)
Startup
Open Device Manager
Click the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click all of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it’s ok if you only have 1 of these).
Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.
Right-click the “ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.
Shutdown
Disconnect AC
Insert battery
Connect AC
Startup, if you still get the error there may be a hardware problem in the notebook.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Neither appear to work, but thank you for the ideas...

I'll be going the route of: completely backing up every shred of data and then deleting all of the HP programs as it would appear as though the HP software is at fault. Both the number never match up with the lower right windows icon tray; and now I'm getting three different version of battery error codes.

Yet both batteries appear to be fine and also wok well on other laptops they match up with, and the remained of the computer seems to be alright.

I remain incredibly disappointed by what appears to be HP policy in needing collateral for an idea the tech wanted to do - a type of battery exchange.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation