cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kameron
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

"the rocovery attempt has failed. select one of the following buttons:" Hp g61 - 327cl

HP Recommended

IMAG0070.jpg

I have an Hp g61 series laptop. model g61 - 327cl, product # vm356ua#aba

i have been buying replacement parts for it over the past week to fix it. i bought a new hard drive. a new motherboard. a new thermal heat sink. and a new keyboard.

when i use my recovery disks to install the os on my new hard drive it goes all the way to the point where i dont need the disks and its doing it on its own. then it goes to this screem that says

"the recovery attempt has failed. please select one of the

following buttons:

Save Log          Details        Retry"

when i save log onto a flashdrive and try opening it in wordpad its just a bunch of jibberish. please help!

Pressing details brings the following up in a word document..

--------------------------------------------------
[ 2:43:17.96] Entering Checking OS Edition...
     ----------------------------------------
[ 2:43:17.98] Check RStone.ini file to determine the requried edition.
[ 2:43:17.99] Exiting Checking OS Edition...

[ 2:43:18.01] Check if Upgrading Win 7 is required. 
     ----------------------------------------
[ 2:43:18.01] Current Edition is [HomeBasic]...
[ 2:43:18.01] Required [Starter]. Don't need to upgrade...
[ 2:43:18.01] Required [Starter] ...
[ 2:43:21.55] Required [Starter] Edition. But, OS is not [Starter]...
[ 2:43:21.55] Upgrading OS edition might have some problem...

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Current edition is:

Current Edition : HomeBasic
The operation completed successfully.

Component: TDC Preinstall Diagnostic Tools for Windows 7 - TDC
Error found: No OS Flag set on unit, please use EEPROM to set ~OS SKU~ value = 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ 2:44:22.70] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***Factory Update Failure !! ***
[ 2:44:22.70] Suggest to create PIN-log and send to TWN PDC NB-PreinPM for further analysis ...
[ 2:44:22.70] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2:42:29.23] Start BBOffline.cmd...
UPDrv=[C:]
[ 2:42:29.90] Set UIA Error Code to 951
[ 2:42:30.82] Starts [FixUps].
[ 2:42:30.82] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2:42:30.82] FixUps.cmd...
[ 2:42:30.82] create overall progress info...
[ 2:42:30.88] FixUps.cmd completed...
[ 2:42:30.88] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2:42:30.88] Starts [Tweaks for SSRD].
[ 2:42:30.88] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2:42:30.88] SSRD Tweaks to change user default locale...
[ 2:42:30.88] Copy C:\System.sav\Util\TDC\MCPP\FBIRES\FBIUSRES.DLL.
[ 2:42:30.94] Run "IntlCfg.exe -skudefaults:en-US -image:C:".
[ 2:42:36.61] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2:42:36.61] Starts [Sleep 10 sec].
[ 2:42:46.65] Starts [Create RStoneFUpdate.INI].
[ 2:42:59.54] Starts [create 1GB Pagefile for offline].
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 9E51-E081

Directory of C:\system.sav\bbv

11/11/2009  02:42 AM     1,073,741,824 pagefile.sys
               1 File(s)  1,073,741,824 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  29,816,238,080 bytes free
[ 2:42:59.60] Launch PININST.exe for Offline ...
[ 2:43:40.01] Start SysID Check...
[ 2:43:43.16] Start Option Code Checks...
[ 2:43:45.18] Start PIN Tweaks...
[ 2:43:46.23] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2:43:46.23] PIN Tweaks to hide All for BurnBoot BBV and BBV2 on restored image...
[ 2:43:46.25] Update PININST_BBV.ini ...
[ 2:43:46.26] Update PININST_BBV2.ini ...
[ 2:43:46.28] Update PININST_BBV2POST.INI ...
[ 2:43:46.29] Update PININST_BBVClean.INI ...
[ 2:43:46.32] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 2:43:47.21] Start Factory Update(s)...
[ 2:43:54.26] Start QFE Offline installation...
[ 2:44:22.48] PININST_OFF: PASSED...

[ 2:44:22.58] Type C:\System.sav\Logs\BBFindEr.log...

[ 2:44:22.59] Type C:\System.sav\Logs\BBFindE0.log...

---------- C:\SYSTEM.SAV\LOGS\BBFIND4QFE.LOG
[ 2:44:22.59] Check FUList.log if there is duplicate Desc...
No duplication.
[ 2:44:22.69] No Duplicated Desc is found... PASSED.
[ 2:44:22.69] There was no Factory Update...

8 REPLIES 8
Kameron
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

51 views and not one person can reply to this?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
fws1
5 5 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the identicle issue on a G-60 laptop. Called HP tech support, paid for and recieved set of recovery disks dvd's, (I'm out of warranty(, after 7 or 8 transferes am finally told to mail it in for factory reload of software, $150-$200. I would consider that option except I can get my old copy of ME, also a HP version of Vista to install onto the machine no problem... I am lost and stuck. 

AttackofZaq
Level 9
4,472 4,381 257 823
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello fws1.  I understand that you're having some problems recovering your operating system.

Have you ever upgraded the operating system in this notebook?  It seems like it is looking for a different version of Windows than what you are installing.

[ 2:43:18.01] Current Edition is [HomeBasic]...
[ 2:43:18.01] Required [Starter]. Don't need to upgrade...
[ 2:43:18.01] Required [Starter] ...
[ 2:43:21.55] Required [Starter] Edition. But, OS is not [Starter]...
[ 2:43:21.55] Upgrading OS edition might have some problem...

I will keep an eye out for a response; I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

fws1
5 5 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No OS upgrade. The system shipped with 7 and it is the only OS used. I can get an ISO of 7 I burnt to  a usb flash drive to install no problem. Just the disks that HP sent me fail. 

lashebar
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have the same problem and was told to reformat my hear drive. The programs Kill Disk of BurnIMG did not work.
fws1
5 5 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I neglected to add that the system is configured exactly as from the factory, save a few added programs and user files. No hardware changes or OS up or downgrade. The hard drive was corrupted by some type of root virus and had to be fully reformatted. I did the format manually as well as let the HP Recovery disks. Same result either way. The recovery program, after the failure,  prompts user to insert a flash drive and creates some file, but HP has no info on the file creation or what to do with said file!  

shindevi
Level 4
139 114 2 2
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP should provide tested recovery DVD every note book user. along with note book.

That is solution

@fws1 wrote:

I neglected to add that the system is configured exactly as from the factory, save a few added programs and user files. No hardware changes or OS up or downgrade. The hard drive was corrupted by some type of root virus and had to be fully reformatted. I did the format manually as well as let the HP Recovery disks. Same result either way. The recovery program, after the failure,  prompts user to insert a flash drive and creates some file, but HP has no info on the file creation or what to do with said file!  

@fws1 wrote:

drpkp
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

its now 2017. no one seems to have the solution. I got this problem in HP Pavillion touchscreen laptop with AMd processor, windows 10 system. Tried formating the hard drive with 3rd party utility, but still the HP recovery USB coulnd't recover the pc and showing up the same exact message "recovery attempt failed. Please select from ...." .. tried at least 5 different times to reset the pc. failed.  fortunately, its in warranty, hence I am lucky to send it back. lets see if they can fix it !

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation