Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,633 Views)

reader_sl.exe-Bad Image

This error box comes up on boot up:C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9ale18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_do9154e044272b9a\MSVCP80.dll

please can you advise on what to do

0 Kudos
Student
Message 2 of 3 (607 Views)

Re: reader_sl.exe-Bad Image

I have an HP Laptop running Wondows XP Media Edition. On boot up I am getting an error message that reads:

Reader_st.exe – Bad Image

Follow by an error message box that states:

"The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161x-ww_31a54e43\MSVCR().dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installtion diskette"

Can anyone offer a suggection on how to fix this?

HP Support Agent
Message 3 of 3 (595 Views)

Re: reader_sl.exe-Bad Image

Hello@CopperDon,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

Error during the boot on the PC. Did I get it, right?

This appears to be a corrupted Boot image on the PC not letting the PC to boot to desktop.

I recommend you to try the OS installation media and reinstall the operating system to fix this.

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation