cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pascalgrierson Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

recovering my HP 620

HP 620

Hi

I gave an HP 620 laptop. the internal HD crashed. I replaced it. I don't have the boot CDs. I need to boot from USB, but I am strugging to get the Windows 7 Pro onto my USB. I have a valid Msoft product key....I have download an ISO, but I don't know if my machine 32 or 64 bit, and the site I downloaded from only does 64....aaaargh!

Help, I'm going nuts!

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
104628 95179 14664 22547
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

recovering my HP 620

Hi:

Your notebook can run a 64 bit operating system, so that isn't a problem.

Did you use this tool to transfer the ISO file to a DVD?

It does all of the work for you...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

0 Kudos
pascalgrierson Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

recovering my HP 620

Thanks so much for swift reply!

I haven't used the tool no. I wanted to use USB rather than DVD. Is that possible?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
104628 95179 14664 22547
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

recovering my HP 620

You're very welcome.

Yes, that tool will also transfer the file to a USB flash drive so it is bootable.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation