cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SunilRonaldo3 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

recovery dvd no 5th dose not supporting

HP 15- r014tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I have started recovery of my PC,but during recovery the 5th no DVD for have some scratch, that's why it's not completed the recovery of pc,now I don't want to lost my original windows 8.1, what should I do?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community @SunilRonaldo3

I understand that you are trying to Perform an HP system recovery (Windows 😎 from your recovery disc's but you cannot finish the recovery because your 5th disc has scratches on it and cannot be read. 

Please disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.

Windows 8 includes a feature called Reset your PC that permanently removes everything and reinstalls Windows. Did you happen to try this? 

When you reset your computer, everything is removed including all your personal files, personalization settings, and software apps. The only thing retained is the activation state, so if Windows was activated before the reset, Windows is activated after the reset.

This is what happens when you use Reset your PC:

• Your personal files such as libraries, personalization settings, user accounts, and desktop themes are permanently removed.

• The computer settings are returned to the defaults - the way it was when it came from the factory.

• Apps and other software that were installed on the computer when it came from the factory are reinstalled, and their settings are reset to the defaults.

• Software, apps, programs, and everything that you have installed or saved on the computer are permanently removed.

You can find these steps and more information in the Resetting Your PC to Resolve Problems

I found the Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems document for you also. Please follow the troubleshooting steps in this document to help you with the recovery attempt failing. 

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking the appropriate post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. 

Please let me know how this goes and the detailed results of the troubleshooting documentation provided. 

Thank you! 

Have a wonderful day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But now I have installed another OS called Windows 7,but now I want to get back my old OS,how?
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Now if I reset my PC from win 7 will I get back my old OS?
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you have Windows 8.1 on disc?

You would need to recover your Notebook with Windows 8.1 to restore Windows 8,1 on your Notebook. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation